Sommelier SERSA level 3
The Serbian Sommelier Association organizes training for sommeliers twice a year – in February and September.
Training for sommeliers – Sommelier SERSA level 3 lasts six weeks (24 teaching days). A total of 120 hours of the curriculum.
Working days are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
The training is held in Serbian language.
The curriculum includes the following areas:
- Building sommelier`s character traits
- History of wine
- Viticulture, vinification process, bottle, cap…
- Sensory analysis of wine
- Wine storage
Sales, wine list
- Recommendation, presentation, opening, dissolution and pouring of wine
- Wine regions: Serbia, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Austria, Hungary, Macedonia, Montenegro, Croatia, Herzegovina, Slovenia, USA, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand…
- Gastronomy, wine & food pairing
- Bar and bar business
- Wine service practical exercises.
During the training, as part of the teaching program, visits to wineries are organized where lectures on wine production and pairing of wine and food are held (from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.). According to the plan, four to six wineries are visited. Some of them are: Kovačević, Deurić, Radovanović, Aleksandrović, PIK Oplenac, Zvonko Bogdan, Temet, Tonković, Virtus, Janko, Cilić, Oskar Maurer, etc.
The training includes:
- Wine tasting (at least 120 labels)
- Tasting of distillates (at least 30 labels)
- Transportation Belgrade – winery – Belgrade
- Wine and food pairing in the wineries
- Taking an exam.
After passing the written – practical exam, the student acquires:
- Certificate Sommelier SERSA level 3, which is recognized throughout the hospitality and tourism industry in the world. It is also recognized by the International Sommelier Association – Association de la Sommellerie Internationale – ASI
- Cover letter in Serbian and English
- SERSA badge.
At the very beginning of the training, each training participant signs an application form, thus becoming a full member of the Serbian Sommelier Association.
Price: 100.000 dinars
Date of commencement: September 18, 2023